Belize Covid Protocols
We thank you for choosing to visit Belize and to stay with us at the SunBreeze Suites.
We welcome you with our warm Belizean Hospitality. As we continue to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees we are continuous carrying out safety and measures to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable stay.
We are Gold Standard Certified by the Belize Tourism Board.
The Belize Tourism Board created The Gold Standard Program to enhance hotels for the safety of travelers. This extensive 9-point program elevates the cleaning and workplace policies. Additionally, hotels must prove they have adapted to new behaviors and procedures while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. At SunBreeze Hotel we have carried out extensive training to enhance the cleaning and sanitation throughout the property including our partners at the Tephany Massage Studio, Ambergris Divers and JAMBEL’s Restaurant. We are proud to be recognized as an approved Gold Standard Hotel. Health, safety and wellbeing have always been a top priority.
WHAT IS EXPECTED
- All public areas have procedures implemented to have high-touch areas and spaces sanitized and disinfected regularly.
- Our guest rooms have trained employees to pay attention to high touch areas and items such as TV remotes, A/C remotes, telephones etc. Your room will have been fully cleaned, disinfected and sanitized before your arrival. A Gold Standard Card will be hanging on your door supporting that all GST cleaning standards are met.
- Employees have been provided with personal protective equipment such as face mask, face shield, rubber gloves and all other PPE’s needed to be safe and to make sure you too are safe. All guests will be required to wear a face mask while in public spaces.
- Sanitizing stations have been established in strategic areas available for all employees and guests.
- We have minimized the need for physical contact at check-in such as requesting guests to pre-register by providing us the information required and by being able to make online payments at checkout.
- There is a program manager onsite to ensure in implementation of all the health and safety plans for the resort.
Visitors who test positive will be immediately moved to a mandatory quarantine at an approved hotel until cleared as negative . All guests are responsible to cover their expenses for medical attention, transfer to and from the medical facility and if quarantine is required. This mandatory 14-day quarantine following a positive test applies.
Physical distancing 6 feet apart is being enforced for employees and guests where possible. Unless you are a family traveling together you will be excused. Seating at JAMBEL’s has been modified to 50% capacity to ensure there is 6 feet between tables.
Face masks are required in all public places. Those that are not in adherence to Belize’s national mask mandate are subject to a $500 fine.
Yes. In order to enter Belize you must present a negative test. Tourists may bring a negative PCR test, taken within 96 hours (4 days) of arrival to Belize, and is subject to a Covid-19 test at the airport if one is not provided. Test at the airport will cost $50 USD. Additionally, Belize accepts negative Rapid Test results, taken within 48 hours of arrival. Specifically, the Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Bisensor, and ABBOT (Panbio) tests are accepted.
Testing sites will be available in Belize City, San Pedro Town, San Ignacio Town and Placencia village. On the island, Belize Medical Associates’ San Pedro Polyclinic offers COVID-19 approved SD Biosensor Test. Results are available within one hour or less. This is a short 10-minute taxi ride from the resort.
IN PREPERATION OF YOUR TRIP
Before Your Visit
International Tourist must book a stay at a Gold Standard Hotel and present confirmation at immigration.
All travellers both vaccinated and unvaccinated, entering through the International airport from other countries are required to present a Negative Covid-19 Test. Negative COVID-19 PCR TEST taken within 96 hours of travel. OR Negative rapid test (Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, and ABBOTT (Panbio) taken within 48 hours of travel. * Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test; However, children 5 years and older must present a negative COVID test. *if no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport. (USD$50 per passenger).
On Arrival in Belize
- You will disembark the plane – wearing a face mask and proceed to health screening.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing.
- Persons who do not bring the results of a PCR test will be tested by health officials before they will be allowed to enter the terminal building. Test results take approximately 15 minutes to be received. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00.
- Proceed to Immigration and Customs, and then exit the airport via the Safe Corridor using approved air or ground transportation.
- A positive test result will require you to quarantine for 14 days in a Government approved hotel at the passengers expense.
During your Stay in Belize:
While in country facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you are expected to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
Our property offers full service amenities (restaurant, bar, pool &/or beach access, and onsite activities).
We want you to see and do as much of the activities in our beautiful country, during your visit. Although you won’t be able to explore on your own, we can arrange guided tours for you with our approved Gold Standard Tour Operator. Please let us know what you’re interested in doing and seeing while in-country and we can arrange this for you. Please let us know what your interests are and we will gladly arrange these tours for you with an approved operator.